Monday, March 23, 2009

The tale of the lion and the mouse...

Let me preface this tirade, I am an environmentalist, I dont piss in my Wheaties, I do remember what we have done in the past, and we could do a little better. I do not however march with the enviro-wackos as I was taught that Science was imperical, and was repeatable, so without proof of humans causing the supposed global warming, it should be said that there is a "theory" that humans might be effecting our climate, IT IS NOT SCIENCE!!!
A great deal of wind has lately been expelled that might power a wind turbine and energize a few homes. I speak of the $30 mil dollar mouse. As it seems that the cash is not directed to the mouse, but to wetlands reclimation projects that stand to creat some 100 jobs. Mouse? 100 jobs? who has the gaul to defend spending such as this? It does not matter wether the money is going to a mouse or to wetland reclimation, the point is that there are PEOPLE who are in need. If we leave the project to lay fallow nature will reclaim the land, perhaps not as fast as man could create the results, but it can wait.
Last night I was watching 60 Minutes and there was a story about a scizophrenic musition who was also homeless. Let us think long and hard over this dicodamy, hell for get it, my 8 year old wants to answer this question. Oh really, you think it would be better to use funds to create housing, and give help, (he means psyciatric services) to thoes in need. You think we should also help families who are homeless and hungry too? Well he is only 8, and there is not enough salt water marsh yet, so lets make some more. As I watched The Amazeing Race last night, the contestants were in India, several were crying as they watched people eating from the trash, but the most disturbing comment was from one of the racers who proclaimed how sad it was to see a ferral cow eating from the trash. She did not see the humans who were doing the same, just the poor cow.
Back in America there are people, acording to 60 Minutes aproximately 60,000 homeless in LA alone, who do the same, eat where ever they can find food, and the trash is a buffet. You cry over the impoverashed in India, lament over the cows eating trash, but at home our electorate funds creating a swamp over feeding and housing people in need. I think the differance between now and the Great Depression is that I have yet to see bread lines and tent cities. Wow, we will create 100 new jobs with $30 mil, we are so careing...

No comments:

Post a Comment