Friday, July 16, 2010

GR

Frank, I am not looking to secede just to point out that the logic of socio-political diversity is flawed as it is our own diversity from district to district that throws new ideas into the ring. Special interest groups have one agenda and if that conflicts with your views your representative is beholding to them and not you. They write the plan, submit the legislation, work to prevent challengers from arising, including but not limited to the topic here, Ballot Access. I vote for MY representative, I do not vote for the NRA's Rep or SEIU's Rep. If Ballot Access opens so that anyone can get on the ballot with little effort and cost the special interest groups are fighting an up hill battle financially with little return on investment. To run now you need to have large financial backing to get out petitions just to get on the ballot, then you need the funding for registration and advertising and this is mostly funded by special interest groups including the Democrats and Republicans. Special interests fund candidates, write legislation and work to prevent others from running in opposition. All I was suggesting was that Congress actually writes the bills, that is what we hired them to do in the first place....

No comments:

Post a Comment